- How do I get to RiverHawks Stadium?
- I have an important message/question. Where do I go?
- Can I take a RiverHawk home?
- Do I have to buy a ticket if I just want to sit in the beer garden?
- What happens if I have an emergency at the game?
- How do I enter on-field promotions?
- What happens if it rains?
- How many items do you have on each giveaway night?
- What time does the stadium open?
- When can I buy tickets?
- Are promotions and game times subject to change?
- Weren't you guys the Cubbies back in the 90's?
- Are the RiverHawks affiliated with a major-league team?
- Is this professional baseball?
- Can I bring food or beverage into the stadium?
- Do I have to buy a ticket for my child?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- What time do games start?
- What time will the game be over?
- Rockford Forest Citys, National Association (1871)
- Rockford, Central Interstate League (1888)
- Rockford Hustlers, Two-I League (1892)
- Rockford Forest City, Western Association (1895-1897)
- Rockford Rough Riders, Western Association (1899)
- Rockford Red Sox, Three-I League (1901-1904)
- Rockford Reds, Wisconsin-Illinois League (1908-1910)
- Rockford Wolverines, Wisconsin-Illinois League (1911-1913)
- Rockford Wolves, Wisconsin-Illinois League (1914)
- Rockford Wakes, Three-I League (1915-1916)
- Rockford Rox, Three-I League (1917, 1919-1923)
- Rockford Peaches, AAGPBL (1943-1954)
- Rockford Rox, Central Association (1947-1949)
- Rockford Expos, Midwest League (1988-1992)
- Rockford Royals, Midwest League (1993-1994)
- Rockford Cubbies, Midwest League (1995-1998)
- Rockford Reds, Midwest League (1999)
- Rockford RiverHawks, Frontier League (2002-2009), Northern League (2010), Frontier League (2011-Current)
Loves Park, IL 61111
From the West: Take Riverside Dr. east until approximately 1/4 mile east of the I-90/I-39 (Jane Adams/Northwest Tollway) interchange. Turn left at Interstate Blvd. Continue approximately 1/2 mile north to stadium parking lot at end of street.
From the South and East: Take I-90/I-39 (Northwest Tollway) west/north to Riverside interchange. Turn right (east) on Riverside Dr. approximately 1/4 mile. Turn left at Interstate Blvd. Continue approximately 1/2 mile north to stadium parking lot at end of street. Tollway travelers, please note: there is an automated 60-cent toll for traffic exiting and an automated 60-cent toll for entering the tollway if you make your round trip in this direction.
For local traffic from the east, take Riverside west to Interstate Blvd.
From the North: Take I-90/I-39 Northwest Tollway east/south to the Riverside interchange. Turn left at the off-ramp. Continue east about 1/2 mile and turn left at Interstate Blvd. Continue approximately 1/2 mile north to stadium parking lot at end of street.
Skipping the Tollway: If you are coming from the Chicago suburbs, you may take US-20 into Rockford or exit the Jane Adams Tollway at the Belvidere interchange, located immediately before a $1.60 toll. Take a right at the exit (Belvidere-Genoa Rd.) and continue north as the road becomes Business Route 20. Continue on BR-20 approximately eight miles, through the outskirts of Belvidere, to Shaw Road and take a right. Continue north on Shaw approximately three miles until road ends at Riverside. Turn left at Riverside and continue west two miles. Turn right at Riverside Blvd.
There have been a number of profesional baseball teams that have made Rockford home since 1871, when the Rockford Forest Citys were a charter member of the first major league, the National Association of Prefoesional Baseball Teams. The Forest Citys folded after only one season, though they did produce future Hall of Famer Cap Anson, the first major-leaguer to record 3,000 hits and 1,000 RBI.
As for the Cubbies, they were a Midwest League franchise that played at Marinelli Field from 1988-1999 under four nicknames - Expos, Royals, Cubbies, Reds - that reflected their major-league affiliation.
A complete list of major, minor, and women's professional teams that have played here intermitently since 1871, assembled by BaseballReference.com:
Saturday: 2:05pm, 4:05pm and 6:05pm
Doubleheaders will generally start one hour prior to the normal start time for that day of the week.